Posts Tagged ‘blog’
Blogs.com, a site run by the people who brought you MovableType and TypePad, at some point in time named this here blog one of its Top 10 Youth Sports Blogs for Parents.
I’m not sure who decided that specifically, or what that means. But it’s some sort of recognition, and I’ll take it! I’m not too proud.
I only got the award because Marlon Brando wouldn’t accept it.
…and put it online!
Yes, crazy sports parents, the technology exists so you can still be as intense as ever, yet not make a scene! Here are five steps to using techonology to your crazy sporting advantage, and make yourself less likely to end up in the police blotter:
1. Don’t say spiteful things about the coach during the game. Instead, form a “I Hate Coach [Blank]” Facebook group!
2. Don’t scream at the refs. Send them angry text messages! “U SUCK LOLOLOLOLOL :(”
3. Don’t fight with parents, coaches, referees or even kids from the other team at the heat of the moment. Instead, send an Evite to fight them later! “You’re invited… to get your punk ass kicked by me in the alley behind the biker bar! Confirmed guests: My fists of rock.”
4. Do you find yourself generating a constant stream of bitter chatter? Get a Twitter account! “@13YOREF FU and DIAF (updated one minute ago) @RECCOACH Ur a fukkin idiot (updated two minutes ago) …”
5. If you say, “I’m not a crazy parent!” and think you’re superior to those you believe are, start a smart-alecky blog!